- One-to-one support either in your own home or at West Bletchley Wellbeing Counselling Service, where we rent counselling rooms.
- Telephone Helpline and Drop-in service twice a week.
- Comprehensive website.
- Signposting to other local and national organisations which may be able to offer further support specific to client’s needs.
WHAT WE OFFER
MILTON KEYNES BEREAVEMENT SERVICE
19.00 - 21.00
14.00 – 16.00
Bereavement Support Counselling
One-to-One Bereavement Support Counselling
Volunteer Counsellors provide support counselling for anyone who has been bereaved though death.
We welcome self-referrals or third party referrals made at the clients request.
We do not work with clients who are undergoing treatment from other professionals, unless we receive a written referral from the person responsible for the treatment. This is to avoid conflict with other professionals work or confusion for the client.
Clients have a number of choices with regards to counselling sessions:
- Venue: At home or at school, for children and young people.
- Time of Day: Daytime or evenings.
- Frequency of sessions: No more than once a week but to continue as long as it meets the clients needs.
- Length of Sessions: No restrictions but usually around 1 hour.
- Waiting time: There are times when it takes up to 3 months for us to find a counsellor for a new client, for example during holiday times. We prefer to be able to respond much sooner. However we do keep in touch with those who are waiting. There is also the option of the Drop-In session. (See above for times)